Now Enrolling for session starting September 18, 2016 Sold Out.
A new self paced option w/ coaching calls is now available.
The next interactive session will be in 2018 – please email me to be added to the wait list.
A continuation of Working in a Series. You know how to work in a series and why you want to work in a series. It’s time to go deeper:
- Exploring additional ways to expand and view your series.
- Pushing your work further.
- Adding the “wow” factor into your compositions.
- Investigating more of the mindsets that impact our artistic process.
Over the course of this 10 week workshop you will create 5 or more artworks in an existing series, or you might start a new series. Be ready to push yourself to create the best work of your career through intensive focus on your studio practice.
You will be writing formal written critiques of their completed artwork. I will be reviewing your work every 2 weeks during interactive group critique session.
As with the first Working in a Series workshop, we will explore new artists who work in a series each week (both famous and lesser known) to understand more on why and how artists working in series.
In addition we will have a weekly mindset topic that we will use to navigate through the traps and pleasures of being an artist cover topics such as habits, originality, what makes are remarkable, procrastination and more.
Note that this class does NOT include technique instruction. Students are expected to have the art making skills necessary to create their assignments.
This class is appropriate to be taken by all visual artists as the concepts we cover apply to all medium, not just textile art. Any media is acceptable: painting, drawing, encaustic, weaving, quilt making (piecing, applique, fusing, embellishment), surface design, etc.
Working in a Series I is a prerequisite for this workshop. If you think you are ready for this class but have not taken Working in a Series I, please email me so we can determine what class is best for you.
As with all of my workshops, my biggest intention is to provide my students the confidence and tools so they can move their art forward by leaps and bounds.
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Prerequisites – Artwork
- …have taken Working in a Series or demonstrated equivalent knowledge
- …have all materials, supplies and tools you will need to create the artwork in your chosen style and technique.
- …have the knowledge and skill to create artwork in your chosen technique.
- …be willing to work hard and focus.
- …leave all self deprecating thoughts at the door and be ready to think big about your art
- …be ready to reflect upon their experience so you can grow
- …and, of course, have fun. Laughter is encouraged.
Some of those things might make you uncomfortable and they might scare you. But if you have an open mind and are willing to give it a try, you qualify.
It is recommended you document your work in this class in a journal or sketchbook.
Prerequisites – Computer Skills
- Ability to take clear, in focus photos of your artwork with a digital camera.
- Ability to re-size and prepare your images for the internet.
- Ability to edit a word document.
- You must have a facebook profile to participate in the interactive version of this workshop.
What are Students Saying about Advancing the Series?
Visit my alumni directory for images of former students’ artwork and read more of their thoughts about the workshop.
Online Course Logistics
- Course material will be provided via recorded lectures, which you can listen to at your convenience.
- Additional written course material will be emailed throughout the workshop.
- You will complete 5 studio assignments.
- I will review student assignments once every 2 weeks during live web-conferences (see below for specific dates and times).
- Reviews will be recorded for those that can not attend live.
- A portion of the review will be reserved for questions and answers.
- Ongoing online discussion with myself and fellow classmates on our private facebook group.
- A limited number of mini coaching packages are available for students who would like a deeper individual learning experience.
- Students that purchase the life coaching package will also have two private phone conversations with me.
- As a certified professional co-active coach (CPCC), I will guide us through these calls using effective life coaching tools.
- Unused coaching calls expire 4 weeks after the workshop end date.
Self Paced Course – New
- Work at your own pace with individual feedback.
- Course material will be provided over the period of 10 weeks to be worked through at your own pace:
- Recorded lectures – 1 per week.
- Additional written course material – 2 emails per week.
- 5 studio assignments
- There are no live online reviews, group facebook page or communication with other students.
- Students select either 3 or 5 coaching calls for individual feedback on their work.
- Select your own start date
- Unused coaching calls expire 16 weeks after the workshop start date.
Not Sure If You Should Take this Workshop?
Please Don’t Signup for This Workshop If…
- … You aren’t ready to aim for remarkable with your artwork.
- …You have an unwillingness to explore the same theme in detail by diving deeper with each exercise. If working in a series is not your thing, this is not your workshop.
- …You don’t want to learn more about yourself and your art making. I’ll be encouraging introspection and reflection.
- …You are happy with your status quo. This is a workshop for those that are ready to dig in and move forward in a big way with their art.
Maybe another class is a better fit. See all of my online workshops here.